Fallout 4 is a game in demand from years now, After share about Fallout 4 Melee Build and also wallpapers now today we are talking something How to Mod Fallout 4 with Nexus Mod Manager. We know that it is a video game that is popular across the globe, mainly for the visual affects it offers. The game has loyal players across the world that plays it almost every day. It is a single player game and has many interesting features to offer.
If you have been playing this Fallout series games from a long time and want to try to mod them, you are in the right page. We are going to tell you how to Mod Fallout 4 that to with the help of Nexus Mod Manager. We shall discuss in this article how to Mod fallout 4 game. Give it a read!
How To Mod Fallout 4 With Nexus Mod Manager
Before getting started, know a little about Nexus Mod Manager. Nexus Mod Manager is an excellent way available to install mods for a video game. The installing of mod on the game is not that difficult and involves pretty simple steps. If you are new to modding, then you can get thorough with the process from this article.
The process of modding was explained in the best way possible keeping in mind the newbie’s. Nexus Mod Manager is very popular mod manager and has the ability to mod many other popular games other than Fallout 4. The other games include Dragon Age, Fallout series, Dark Souls etc. You can follow the steps accordingly to mod the game.
The gameplay of Fallout 4 is pretty interesting. It is so much similar to its predecessors Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, but has this ability to switch between first to third-person view. The other added features of the game include split-piece armor system, base-building, dialogue system, crafting system etc.
The enemies remain the same as the previous series of games. So, you will get to combat with the same rats, mirelurks, raiders, super mutants, deathclawas etc. The Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System remains the same as it is an important part of the game. The graphics used in the game standout and will grab the attention of the players to the core.
The game comes with new equipment system that has many upgrades and customization for new weapons and armors. The weapons and armors in this 5th installment of the game remain same and do not require any maintenance. Players can also build settlements, boundaries, structures like housing, gardens, sores etc.
Enable Modding in Fallout 4
You will be using Nexus Mod Manager to mod the Fallout 4 game on your PC. Using Though the Nexus Mod Manager you will be done, you will still need to tweak the Fallout 4 file the mods get installed on the PC. Users who want to use this process to mod other games need to note that the tweaking is not required for other games. Users can simply skip instead of performing tweak of the game files. To enable modding in Falling 4, follow the steps below.
- Open folder in system which called Fallout 4. You will mostly find it in documents folder of your system. You can directly navigate through drives and folders as well.
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4
- Double click on the Fallou 4 Prefs.ini file in the Fallout 4 folder and
- Now you have to open text editor.
- By default it will open Notepad or any other text editor you have assigned as default.
- After the text editor opens, Now find the file where you can see a launcher section. In the section, add the below line.
- After entering the line, save the file by going into the File Menu and clicking on Save. After saving, close the Notepad.
- Now, double click Fallout 4 Custom.ini.
- Default text editor opens up.
- Add the below lines at in end.
- Now, save the file and close the Notepad. This process enables Fallout to accept the use of mods.
Way to Mod fallout 4 with Nexus Mod Manager?
As you have enabled the Fallout 4 game to accept mods to be installed through Nexus Mod Manager, you are now ready to mod the game itself. We have listed out simple steps on how to mod fallout 4 with Nexus Mod Manager. Though it is not a complex process, at the same time it is not a simple process as well.
Pay attention while performing these steps so as to avoid any errors or issues. Before getting started, you need to first install and configure Nexus Mod Manager. We have provided below some simple steps on how to do so. Take a look!
How to Install Nexus Mod Manager with Configure Nexus Mod Manager
There are literally tons of ways to install mods for the game into PC, but Nexus Mod Manager is the less risk and easy way to do so. On using other methods to install the mods, you might end up having an issue, but not when used Nexus Mod Manager.
- Download and install Nexus Mod Manager in computer. In order to download the Nexus Manager, Now registration required. Register with it by entering your details appropriately. The account is free to create and will be created in no time. In sign up process, you will see for account also paid, Just ignore it and click on ‘Create Account’ at the bottom to continue.
- After download and install of Nexus Mod Manager, launch it
- It will do a quest of the games in your PC.
- As the game you want the mod is Fallout 4, once it has found the game,
- It will start the process. You can also simply check mark the box to confirm that Fallout 4 is installed on your PC in the right location and click on OK.
- In installed games Select Fallout 4
- And click on OK. Also, click on the checkbox asking ‘Don’t ask me next time’ if you want to continue to manage Fallout 4 mods use this program.
- Now, you will be asked to select the paths where store its mod files. On clicking OK, you will see a Fallout 4 setup window.
- By default, C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout 4.
- Now you need to run it as an Admin. If that is not the case, you will end up getting an error that reads ‘unable to get write permissions for’ the directory.
- Run as Administrator.
- Just right-click to do this.
- To avoid this problem, set the folder paths to C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4.
- To avoid all this hassle,
- Just simply run Nexus Mod Manager as an Administrator.
- To do so, right click on shortcut of Nexus Mod Manager.
- Select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Save the changes you have done and whenever you launch this,
- It launches with admin permissions without reporting any issues.
How to install Fallout 4 Mods
- First, sign in into this by inputting your Nexus Mod password and username.
- Now, go to the Fallout 4 Mods page to search for the mods available. As you have logged in, you will be able to
- see Names account at the top right corner from where you can see the mods.
- Find the mod you want to install.
- Now click on Download with it. Nexus Mod Manager will take up the download process.
- You will get to download the latest version of the mod.
- You can also download many type versions of the mod. To do so, scroll down the page and click on ‘Files’ tab. Click on ‘Download with Manager’ to download files.
- Once it is downloaded, install it and enable it. You can also disable it by clicking on the relevant button.
- As soon as you enable the mod, you will go through the setup process. You can try other mod.
- Now, launch Fallout 4 by clicking on Launch Fallout4 button. The game will be loaded with mods in action.
- After using the mod and its features, if you want to uninstall it or disable it, close Fallout4.
- Open Nexus Mod Manager. Simply, select ‘Deactivate’ or click on Uninstall to get rid of the mod permanently from device.
- Perform the same by clicking on settings icon and then on ‘Disable All Active Mods’ or ‘Uninstall All Active Mods’ to uninstall or disable the mods.
This is how you mod Fallout 4 with Nexus Mod Manager. Give this process a try and enjoy playing Mod Fallout4. By qualifying at each level, player will be given a perk. There won’t be any hard levels to face and so users can have fun playing the game. Even after the player pursued the main story, there will be some side quests to pursue that make the game more interesting.