Fallout 4 is a crowd-pleasing game with quite interesting features. It has set new standards in the gaming with its ultimate game play. The game has gone on to become quite popular making so many loyal users all across the globe. After giving a good post on Fallout 4 Melee Build and also The Molecular Level now we are talking about this. Fallout 4 Script Extender, which is simply referred as F4SE has made the game pretty exciting.
As the name sums it is up, it is a script extender and is considered as the extender series of Fallout 4. You can get F4SE only from its official website. There is no other way or process to download. You need to have Microsoft Windows OS in your PC to run this Fallout 4 Script Extender. Your system must be compatible with the games requirements in order to run it.
The Fallout 4 Script Extender is developed by Ian Patterson & Stephen Abel. F4SE was released citing the support for the immediately prior version of Fallout 4 game. You can download the Fallout 4 runtime 1.10.50 and extract files using 7z archive. You can make use of 7-zip or Winrar to extract the files easily.
It is recommended to use 7-zip to do so. The 0.6.4 version of the game is the one that is compatible with the runtime 1.10.50. The Fallout 4 tools mainly include two components – one is ba2extract.exe and the other one is scriptdump.exe. The purpose of ba2extract.exe is that it is a command-line tool that is used to extract data from ba2 files whereas scriptdump.exe is also a command-line tool to dismantle pex files.
Visit – Fallout 4 Old Guns
Fallout 4 Script Extender
As the name suggest, Fallout 4 Script Extender extends the script of Fallout 4 game. Though it extends the script, it won’t make any changes whether major or minor to the exe files. So, there is nothing to worry about. The main use of F4SE comes when the mods come into the scene.
The mods that are currently in use may need F4SE to work. The mods require the use of F4SE in order to make the game work. Mods like Place Everywhere and Achievements can make the game more effective and fun to play. For instance, the Achievements mod allows the user to earn more achievements.
How to install Fallout 4 Script Extender
It is pretty easy to install Fallout 4 Script Extender on the PC. There are many video tutorials available on the same which you can refer while installing Fallout 4 script extender on your PC. If you are new to F4SE installation, you will find the process a bit confusing,
But fret not! We are here to explain you each and every step in a simple way. You can go through the steps and follow them as it is step by step to get F4SE on your PC. With it on your PC, you can enjoy the mods and its features.
- To start with, go to the official web portal of F4SE. You can even Google F4SE and click on the very first link. The official website of F4SE is http://f4se silverlock org/.
- The link takes you to a new page where you can click on installer which automatically positions all the files to where they belong to or you can opt to the other option i.e., download the 7z archive. Users who don’t want to run the exe files on their systems for some trust reasons can avoid using the first process and chose the 7z archive.
- If you are okay to run the installer, run it by clicking on it. Go through the setup and select Fallout4 directory.
- If you want to proceed with 7z archive, make sure you already have it downloaded and installed on your PC. You need to get the 64-bit version.
- Download the F4SE through 7z archive and open downloads folder and extract it.
- Find the extracted archive and copy all the files except for SRC folder. SRC is not copied because the SRC folder consists of code that has nothing to do with the Fallout 4 Script Extender.
- Just copy the remaining items in the folder and go to the Fallout4 folder. It will mostly be in the Steam folder. You can find it at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamaps\common\Fallout4 Folder.
- Now, paste the copied content right in the folder.
- The next step you need to do is check if the Fallout 4 Script Extender is working.
- You can even create a shortcut of the Fallout4 Script Extender on your desktop.
- You can double click on the shortcut of F4SE or even run the f4se_loader.exe file that was copied in the Fallout folder by clicking on it.
- As the game launches, you can go to the Settings from the left panel and check the F4SE downloaded version on the right lower bottom of the screen.
You will need to update F4SE whenever Fallout4 is updated by Bethesda. From now on, whenever you want to run Fallout game, you need to run f4se_loader.exe in place of Fallout4.exe; only then the mods will run. In the main page of F4SE, you can click on frse_whatsnew.txt to know the latest updates about the game.